Address & Contact Information
Education & Research
|Assistant Professor||University of Birjand||2013 – Present||Birjand, Iran|
|Visiting Professor||Superior University||Summer 2018||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Visiting Professor||Daffodil International University||Summer 2017||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Research Period||Sapienza University of Rome||2011 – 2012||Rome, Italy|
|Ph.D.||University of Isfahan||2007 – 2012||Isfahan, Iran|
|M.Sc.||Ferdowsi University of Mashhad||2004 – 2007||Mashhad, Iran|
|B.Sc.||Sharif University of Technology||1999 – 2004||Tehran, Iran|
Current Research Interests
- Pervasive & Ubiquitous Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Context-Aware Computing
- Crowd sensing
- Distributed Systems
- Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Databases
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Concurrent Programming
- Mobile Commerce
- Distributed Systems
- Pervasive Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Parallel Algorithms
Position in Events
|The 5th International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware (PerCAM17)||Chairman & Organizer||Rome, Italy||October 9, 2017||View|
|The 4th International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware (PerCAM14)||Chairman & Organizer||Dubai, UAE||October 16, 2014||View|
|The 3rd International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware (PerCAM13)||Chairman & Organizer||Dublin, Ireland||December 3, 2013||View|
|The 2nd International Workshop on Context Aware Middleware for Ubiquitous Computing Environments (CAM12)||Chairman & Organizer||Fukuoka, Japan||March 26 to 29, 2012||View|
|The 1st International Workshop on Context Aware Middleware for Ubiquitous Computing Environments (CAM11)||Chairman & Organizer||St. Petersburg, Russia||August 23 to 25, 2011||View|
Special session entitled “Context-Aware Middleware in Pervasive Computing Environments (CAMPCE)” at the 7th International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology
|Chairman & Organizer||Dubai, UAE||April 25 to 27, 2011||View|
- Guest editor of the Special Issue on “New Generation Computing” of the “Journal of Computing and Security”
- Guest editor of the Special Issue on “Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware” of the “Elsevier Computers and Electrical Engineering journal” (IF = 0.928)
- TPC member of ICCKE, IWCMC, ISIEA, ICCIT-WCS, PerCAM, ChinaCOM, MELECON 2014, COGNITIVE 2014, IBMSGS 2015, EMERGING 2015, ICACCI, ADMMET 2015, ICCME 2015, CoCoNet 15, AR4MET 2016, REEGETECH 2016.
- Senior member of IACSIT (International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology)
- Member of the International Program Committee of AICIT (International Association for Information, Culture, Human and Industry Technology) international conference series.
- Founder of the Pervasive & Cloud computing Lab at University of Birjand
- MB Patel, C Bhatt, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, HB Patel, “Smart city based on MQTT using wireless sensors”, In the book entitled: “Protocols and Applications for the Industrial Internet of Things“, IGI, 2018.
- Sepideh Poorejbari, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Wathiq Mansoor, “Diabetes Patients Monitoring by Cloud Computing”, Book Chapter, To appear in the book “Cloud Computing System and Applications in Healthcare”, IGI, 2017
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, book Chapter, Chapter 6 – Context-aware middleware: a review, in the book entitled: “Context in computing”, Springer, 2014
- Michael O’Grady, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, et al., Evolving Ambient Intelligence, Springer, 2013
- Journal Papers
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Elham Asani, Zohreh Mahmoodian, M. H. Mohseni, “Context-aware computing for mobile crowd sensing: A survey“, Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier (Q1) (2019).
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Mahsa Asef, “Architecture design of the air pollution mapping system by mobile crowd sensing“, IET Wireless sensor systems (2018).
- Mahdi Kherad, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, and Morteza Araghi, “Trasfugen: Traffic assignment of urban by an approximation fuzzy genetic algorithm.” International Journal of Modeling, Simulation, and Scientific Computing, World Scientific, Vol. 9, No. 4 (2018).
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Mojtaba Dehghan-Manshadi, and Mahdi Kherad. “A fuzzy genetic approach for velocity estimation in wind-tunnel.” Soft Computing, Springer (2018).
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Mohammad Sadeq Navabi, and Hosein Khosravi-Mahmouei. “A context-aware museum-guide system based on cloud computing.” International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC) 8.4 (2018): 1-19.
- Mohammad Ghane’i-Ostad, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Majid Abdolrazzagh-Nezhad. “Detecting overlapping communities in LBSNs by fuzzy subtractive clustering” Social Network Analysis and Mining, Springer (2018), 1-11.
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Shaghayegh Ostadi Eilaki, and Shaghayegh Izadpanah. “Towards a Better Understanding of Ubiquitous Cloud Computing.” International Journal of Cloud Applications and Computing (IJCAC) 8.1 (2018): 1-20.
- Mostafa Behi, , Mohammad GhasemiGol, and Hamed Vahdat-Nejad. “A New Approach to Quantify Network Security by Ranking of Security Metrics and Considering Their Relationships.” International Journal of Network Security 20.1 (2018): 141-148.
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Shaghayegh Izadpanah, and Shaghayegh Ostadi-Eilaki. “Context-aware cloud-based systems: design aspects.” Cluster Computing (2017): 1-17.
- Shaghayegh Izadpanah, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, and Hamid Saadatfar. “A Framework for ranking ubiquitous computing services by AHP analysis.” International Journal of Modeling, Simulation, and Scientific Computing (2017).
- Azam Ramazani, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, CANS: Context-Aware Traffic Estimation and Navigation System, IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 2017
- Mojtaba Dehghan-Manshadi, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Mohammad Kazemi-Esfeh, Muhammed Alavi, Speed Detection in Wind-tunnels by Processing Schlieren Images, International Journal of Engineering, 2016
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Massimo Panella, Gaetan Rey, Introduction to the special section on pervasive computing, Elsevier Computers and Electrical Engineering Journal, 2016
- Hussein Shirvani, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, A New Scheme for Storage and Retrieval of Shared Text Files, Journal of Computing and Security, University of Isfahan, 2016
- Hussein Shirvani, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Storing Shared Documents that are Customized by Users in Cloud Computing, Journal of Computing, Springer Vienna, 2016
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Azam Ramazani, Tahereh Mohammadi ,Wathiq Mansoor, A Survey on Context-Aware Vehicular Network Applications ,Vehicular Communications, Elsevier, 2016
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Tor-Morten Grønli, “Introduction to the Special Issue on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware“, Computers and Electrical Engineering, Elsevier, 2015
- Soroor Mohammadi Bezanaj, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, A Comparative Study on Quality of Privacy in Pervasive Computing in Health-care Systems, Accepted for publication in Journal of Advances in Computer Research (JACR), Vol. 6, No. 2, 2015 (To appear)
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Kamran Zamanifar, Nasser Nematbakhsh, A New Community-Based Context Distribution Approach for Large-Scale Pervasive Systems, International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, Inderscience, 2013
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Kamran Zamanifar, Nasser Nematbakhsh, Context-Aware Middleware Architecture for Smart Home Environment, International Journal of Smart Home, SERSC, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2013
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Mohammad Ali Nematbakhsh, Kamran Zamanifar, Nasser Nematbakhsh. “Context Driven Concept Based Image Retrieval.” International Journal of Information Science and Management 9, No. 2 (2011) (To appear)
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Behrouz Tork-Ladani, Kamran Zamanifar, Nasser Nematbakhsh. “A Novel Algorithm for Impulse Noise Classification in Digital Images.” International Review on Computers and Software 4, No. 6 (2009): 627-632
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Kamran Zamanifar. “A New Randomized Algorithm for Handling Scheduling Conflicts in Grids.” Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering (Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava) 9, No. 3 (2009).
- Conference Papers
- Reza Rahnama-ye- Moqaddam, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Designing A Pervasive, Eye Movement-based System for ALS and Paralyzed Patients, ICCKE 2015, Mashhad, Iran: IEEE, 2015
- Azam Ramazani, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, A New Context-Aware Approach to Traffic Congestion Estimation, ICCKE 2014, Mashhad, Iran: IEEE, 2014
- Hussein Shirvani, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, A New Efficient Approach to Store Data in a Cloud Server, 4th International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware, Dubai, UAE: ACM, 2014
- Sepideh Poorejbari, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, An Introduction to Cloud-Based Pervasive Healthcare Systems, 4th International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware, Dubai, UAE: ACM, 2014
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, 3 rd International Workshop on Pervasive and Context-Aware Middleware, Fourth International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence, Dublin, Ireland, Springer,2013
- Forough Sahafipour, Reza Javidan, Hamed Vahdatnejad, Mehdi Kadivar, “Hyrid Interactions in Pervasive Computing Settings”, International Workshop on Context Aware Middleware for Ubiquitous Computing Environments, St. Petersburg, Russia: IEEE Computer Society, 2011
- Najmeh Ahmadian, Mohammad Ali Nematbakhsh, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, “A Context Aware Approach to Semantic Query Expansion”, 7th International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology”, UAE: IEEE Computer Society, 2011
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Kamran Zamanifar, Nasser Nematbakhsh, “A new approach to context distribution in large-scale environments” International Conference on Trends in Information Technology and Applications”. UAE: IEEE Computer Society, 2010
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Nasser Nematbakhsh. “An Ontology based resource scheduling scheme in grids.” International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering. Thailand: IEEE Computer Society, 2008
- Hasan Ebrahimi, Ahmad-Reza Naghsh-Nilchi, Hamed Vahdat-Nejad. “A New Approach to Motion Vector Estimation.” International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering. Thailand: IEEE Computer Society, 2008
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Reza Monsef. “Static parallel job Scheduling in Computational Grids.” International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering. Thailand: IEEE Computer Society, 2008
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Reza Monsefi, Hossein Deldari. “Distributed resource scheduling in grid computing using fuzzy approach.” 3rd Conference on Information and Knowledge Technology. Mashhad, 2007
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Hosneyeh Zolfaghari, Reza Monsefi. “Parallelization of Fuzzy-Classical Filters For Image Noise Reduction.” International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Measurement Systems and Applications. Italy: IEEE Computer Society, 2007
- Hamed Vahdat-Nejad, Reza Monsefi, Mahmoud Naghibzadeh. “A New Fuzzy Algorithm for Global Job Scheduling in Multiclusters and Grids.” International Conference on omputational Intelligence for Measurement Systems and Applications. Italy: IEEE Computer Society, 2007
- Hamed Vahdat Nejad, Hameed-Reza Pourreza, Hasan Ebrahimi. “A Novel Fuzzy Technique for Image Noise Reduction.” Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. Czech Republic, 2006.
- Hamed Vahdat Nejad, Hossein Deldari. “A Parallel Quadtree Approach for Image Compression using Wavelets.” Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. Czech Republic, 2006
- Hamed Vahdat Nejad, Mohammad Hossien Yaghmaee, Hamid Tabatabaee. “Fuzzy TCP: Optimizing TCP Congestion Control” Asia Pacific Conference on communication. South Korea: IEEE Computer Society, 2006